This ad unit is a Fairfax Blueprint rich media execution.
Click here to view superking gutters on the SMH homepage.
Superking Gutters are the premium variety of Gutter treatments with extended screen real estate accessible for higher creative impact and ad effectiveness. Gutter images are displayed outside of the site’s boundaries, providing a strong presence for your marketing messages and are shown to users with adequate screen resolution and screen real-estate. Background colours can be changed to match your brand in some instances and the gutters have a click-through to your website.
- Clickable area is restricted to the gutter image’s dimension.
- Branding and text should be kept within 145px of the site content so that it is visible for users with lower resolution screens.
- Gutter images must include a logo or other form of client identification. The images must be clearly expressing their nature as advertisement in order not to deceive users.
- Gutters require pre-approval.
- Images are static, animation is not allowed.
- Typically the top of Gutter Images are positioned to the top of the content area which in some cases is underneath the site navigation
- The left and right sides should be designed in such a way as to blend with the background colour†. At least a 5px fade around the edges is recommended, the exact treatment should be led by the creative on hand.
- Some users may have screen resolutions too narrow to display the gutter area. In these cases the images will be removed from the page.
- This product is only supported on desktop devices!
- Sold exclusively with MREC and/or Leaderboard.
- Where can this run? See the Site Matrix.
- Within gutters, all essential branding and copy must be within 145 px of the content area to ensure visibility on lower resolutions.
- A single jpeg image built to the specifications below. Gutters are served and hosted by Fairfax and cannot be 3rd party adserved.
- Please download the latest PSD Template to prepare your creative.
- There are no Rich Media metrics for gutter creative
* Clicks will be measured as an overall metric and not individually, this may mean that they are tracked as an accumulative of gutter clicks & mrec clicks. To track gutters and mrec separately third party tracking must be provided.
TIER 2: 5 business days lead time.
Fairfax Blueprints and Fairfax custom builds may be subject to minimum spends and/or production costs – refer to your Account Manager for further details
Creative specifications can change at any time – always refer to the AdCentre.
|Dimensions||File Size||File Type||Notes|
|Gutter Image||1800(W) X 1000(H) pixels||150KB||JPG/GIF/PNG||Background colour to be supplied in hexadecimal format (e.g. #FFFFFF)|
|Click URL / Tracking||Click through URL or optional 3rd party click tracker|
|Impression Tracker||Optional overall Impression tracker|