Fairfax Media announces 6 new mobile ad products
February 25, 2015
Fairfax Media today announced the launch of six new, in-house developed, mobile ad products – expanding the suite of market-leading rich ad creative solutions available to advertising clients.
The new ad products have been introduced by the Fairfax Media Digital Innovation Services (DIS) team – which provides advertisers full-service production capabilities for customised advertising solutions and recently expanded to include a Mobile Creative Unit.
Building on the extensive portfolio of smartphone and tablet ad solutions offered by the DIS team, the six new ad products have been developed to assist clients boost brand engagement through rich ad creative.
The five new tablet ad products include;
- Pannable: allows users to visually pan a 360-degree environment using back and forth motions.
- Wipable: allows users to interact with a brand message by swiping away the first image to reveal another one underneath.
- Zoomable: uses the zoom function to increase image size and showcase a product’s finer detail.
- Hotspotting: allows users to tap an interest point on an ad image to open a text box that reveals more information about the product.
- Video Commandment: a homepage unit for storytelling and branding.
The new smartphone rich media execution is;
- Adhesion Banner: the ad appears at the base of the page and remains visible as the reader scroll down the page
Fairfax Media Mobile Commercial Manager Stewart Heys said: “With 2.8 million Australians accessing Fairfax Media content from a smartphone or tablet every month*, mobile is the fastest growing audience channel.
“We are investing heavily in developing innovative mobile ad solutions to provide brands flexible, market-leading products to interact and engage with these audiences, while they are accessing our content.”
To view these new ad units, visit; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWwgxHGLDxA
Examples of Fairfax Media’s extensive range of digital advertising opportunities for mobile, tablet and desktop, can be found here: www.creative.adcentre.com.au
*Source: emmaTM conducted by Ipsos MediaCT, people 14+ for the 12 months ending Nov 2014.
About Fairfax Media
Fairfax’s network of leading information, marketplaces and entertainment brands provides powerful connections between advertisers and large, diversified audiences throughout Australia and New Zealand. As the trusted voice, Fairfax informs, engages and entertains audiences and communities. Every day Fairfax empowers and enriches the lives of millions of people with independent, quality content and great experiences.