Fairfax Media wins at the 2016 PANPA Advertising & Marketing Awards
2 September 2016
Fairfax Media’s strength in marketing and advertising was recognised at the 2016 PANPA Advertising & Marketing Awards on Thursday night, winning the highly-prized Marketing Team of the Year, Marketer of the Year and Consumer Campaign of the Year awards.
The company was also recognised for Best Feature/Supplement/Native Advertising Environment, with the Sunday Star-Times Sunday magazine’s “Valspar Paint Match” taking out the national/metropolitan category, and Sunraysia Daily winning the regional category for “Your Sunraysia”.
Fairfax’s Trade Marketing team was awarded Marketing Team of the Year for the work they do promoting products, brands, people and commercial opportunities; Director of Customer Marketing & Growth, Michael Laxton, was named Marketer of the Year; and “Independent News for Independent Thinkers” won Consumer Campaign of the Year in the national/metropolitan category.
“Fairfax Media is a powerhouse of advertising and marketing professionals and we’re thrilled for our people’s deep talent and expertise to be recognised by the industry,” a Fairfax Media spokesperson said.
“These awards acknowledge Fairfax’s leadership in delivering innovative and impactful marketing and advertising campaigns - across Australia and New Zealand’s best media assets - and exemplifies the impressive results we achieve for our clients.”
Commenting on Fairfax’s Trade Marketing team winning Marketing Team of the Year, the judges said:
- “A team who clearly understands their business both their audience and their clients. Particularly love the drive of the team in achieving success both personally and professionally”;
- “High quality work and a real signal that publishers are taking this element of their business really seriously”;
- “The variety of Fairfax’s trade marketing work gives it an edge over the others”.
Commenting on Michael Laxton being named Marketer of the Year, the judges said:
- “Attention to detail, a focus on results… a stand-out marketing executive with their priorities absolutely right”;
- “This candidate’s work is making a significant difference in an area which feels crucial for the long-term health of the company”; and
- “Considering the state of the print market, to achieve those kind of subscription uplifts is impressive”.
Commenting on the “Independent News for Independent Thinkers” campaign (which ran across The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age) winning Consumer Campaign of the Year, the judges said:
- “This cuts to the heart of what Fairfax and its publications are all about”;
- “Focusing on journalism is a critical move in ensuring the industry stays relevant in the hearts and minds of our audiences”; and
- “In a marketplace full of noise and claims, this campaign makes so much sense”.
About Fairfax Media
Fairfax’s network of leading information, marketplaces and entertainment brands provides powerful connections between advertisers and large, diversified audiences throughout Australia and New Zealand. As the trusted voice, Fairfax informs, engages and entertains audiences and communities. Every day Fairfax empowers and enriches the lives of millions of people with independent, quality content and great experiences.