The all new Drive.com.au has launched today
June 18, 2015
- Video content, showrooms, vehicle hubs and exclusive expert advice to help consumers on their car purchase journey -
18 June 2015: Australia’s best automotive destination Drive.com.au, part of Fairfax Media’s digital network, today launched a redesigned online environment developed for the car intender audience, with several new features and an adaptive user experience to support them in finding the right car, first time.
Created entirely around Drive.com.au’s editorial strengths and the car buyer’s need for trusted and independent information, support and guidance, Drive.com.au helps its users navigate every stage of the purchase journey, with a focus on creating an engaging and seamless consumer experience.
Launch advertising partners include Audi, BMW, Ford, KIA, Nissan, Volvo and Eclipx Group.
The new site features several firsts including:
- Engaging new video content via Drive TV
- Car Showrooms with listings of full manufacturer vehicle ranges
- Car Specifications with full vehicle feature breakdowns and a unique 10 tiered rating system developed by Drive’s editorial team creating the most credible and well-rounded source of information for buyers
- The ‘What car should I buy?’ tool for car buyers that enables consumers to narrow down their car choices based on factors including performance, safety, running costs and handling, which are judged by Drive’s panel of experts. Consumers can also ask the experts direct questions about what car they should buy based on their individual needs. It is the only site that combines this tool with the ability to seek advice from experts.
“Drive has a long and successful heritage of offering its readers the best, most comprehensive and independent advice and we are committed to investing in Drive and the automotive category. This new online destination will provide the most credible sources of inspiration, advice and information to guide our readers to choose the best car to buy right through the purchase journey. Our Drive print product will soon also have a fresh new look with even more quality content for our readers,” Fairfax Media Head of Life Media and Events Andrew McEvoy said.
Drive Editor Andrew MacLean said: “The all-new Drive.com.au builds on our key strength as the most trusted source of independent automotive editorial. We have created a true automotive destination for car information, guidance and advice throughout the consumer journey from research stage to purchase. It places a greater emphasis on providing consumers with an extensive database of new car reviews and the latest news, engaging video content, expert tips on how to buy the right car and entertaining features for automotive enthusiasts.”
For advertisers, the new Drive.com.au features brand new sections covering additional topics to enable further advertising and sponsorship opportunities, branded content opportunities across all platforms and including native advertising and contextual integration, more rich media executions for optimum user interaction, video showcasing opportunities with refreshed content, bespoke lifestyle content options and cross platform integration with print.
Fairfax Media Brand Solutions Director – News Media & Auto Michael O’Donnell said: “Drive.com.au will offer our advertisers an unrivalled automotive destination with a fantastic user experience and new branded content and rich media opportunities. We have developed a unique commercial offering across mobile and tablet and will reach new audiences via a stronger search and social offering.”
About Fairfax Media
Fairfax’s network of leading information, marketplaces and entertainment brands provides powerful connections between advertisers and large, diversified audiences throughout Australia and New Zealand. As the trusted voice, Fairfax informs, engages and entertains audiences and communities. Every day Fairfax empowers and enriches the lives of millions of people with independent, quality content and great experiences.